The world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange continues with its goal to reduce the overall BNB in circulation to 100 million.
To do so, the company announced completing the 22nd burn of its native token.
- Binance’s statement informed that it has removed 2.064 million BNB from circulation, worth almost $620 million at today’s prices.
- The 22nd burn became the largest in terms of BNB tokens since the record-setting 14th, which happened two years ago.
- 7,181 out of the 2.064 burned today came from the company’s Pioneer Burn Program. Introduced in 2020, the feature aims to aid people who have lost access to their BNB tokens once they submit requests through the customer service page and are approved by the exchange.
- The Pioneer Burn Program works alongside the other BNB burning processes, more of which you can find here.
#Binance completes 22nd quarterly #BNB burn!
🔥 2.06m #BNB has been burned 🔥 pic.twitter.com/21v9R7H78K
— Binance (@binance) January 17, 2023
- Binance’s native crypto has been on a roll since the start of the year, along with the rest of the market. It entered 2023 at around $240 but soared by double digits in the following few weeks.
- This culminated in a surge to $315 on Saturday, which painted BNB’s highest price tag since late November 2022. Despite retracing slightly since then, the asset still trades above $300.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
#Binance #Burns #Million #Worth #BNB